Recently, Jessica and I spent an afternoon with one of our cousins and we all worked on this quilt. It came together pretty quickly with three of us sewing, pinning and ironing seams.
We decided to make this University of Texas quilt and donate it to the silent auction that is a part of this year's Relay for Life. We sewed the top together using a disappearing nine patch method in three fabrics, burnt orange UT fabric, a solid white and a solid black fabric. We backed it with a marbled black fabric.
I quilted this on the long arm machine using a free hand meandering stitch with burnt orange thread.
Also, thank you to Jessica for the photos and text!